Founded as a non-profit in 2007, The Green Chemistry Group (GCG) is an organization dedicated to the global advancement of supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) and environmentally sustainable chemical research and development. GCG hosts annual conferences, attracting hundreds of scientists from numerous industries around the world, who are using or considering SFC as a green technology.
To create an updated and upgraded website that would reinforce the professionalism of GCG while improving the overall user experience to learn about and register for SFC conferences.
- Existing site used outdated website technology that was not responsive to new user platforms
- Conferees could not register online for events
- Event information was not displayed in a user-friendly format
- GCG couldn’t monetize its site by selling online advertisements to third-party partners
- Develop new, state-of-the-art look and feel with expanded, optimized background information to improve visibility via SEO.
- Improve the end-user experience utilizing a responsive design focusing on UX/UI (User Experience and User Interface) protocol.
- Install Cvent meeting and event tool for online event registration to streamline the process and allow for better data management.
- Install “Ad Manager” plugin to make it easy for GCG to sell and manage online ads.
- Provide event specifications in a clean, easy-to-read table format with links to venue and registration details.
- Create a table template to improve the management of data
- Deliver site to the client to "practice" site management prior to the site launch. This enabled the client to be up and running as soon as the new site was introduced
Results: A New Look and Improved Functionality
A dynamic, user-friendly, website that improves the overall user experience while also improving the client’s ability to better manage the backend of the site.