Increase Social Media Engagement and Build Thought Leadership
In May of 2013, we began working with major analytical equipment firm Bruker Daltonics to implement a social media program. Bruker – at the leading edge of technology and capability in the field of mass spectrometry – had three objectives:
- They wanted to increase visibility amongst analytical equipment decision-makers and stakeholders in the life sciences industry.
- The wanted to create awareness of new tools, capabilities & methods.
- They wanted to begin establishing thought leadership.
After performing Company-, market- and competitor-assessments, Brandwidth Solutions developed a strategy to promote the Company across multiple social media channels. We integrated our strategy with Bruker Daltonics’ overall marketing calendar, and developed & implemented methods to meet their goals by:
- Educating scientists and decision-makers on new technologies and techniques.
- Increasing the Company’s reach in the life science market.
- Growing website traffic.
- Developing prospective client “touches” and interactions.
- Increasing attendance at Company-related events (e.g., tradeshows, webinars, User Group meetings).
In addition to working with several existing social media channels (Facebook and Twitter corporate profiles), Brandwidth branded and implemented multiple other social channels, including a Company blog, a LinkedIn corporate profile, a Google+ corporate profile, and a YouTube channel. The social media program also utilized personal LinkedIn status updates and targeted LinkedIn Group activity, and complemented the Company’s overall marketing strategy.
Over the first year of the project, Brandwidth’s social media program for Bruker Daltonics:
- Grew LinkedIn referrals to website from 0 to 300+ a month.
- Increased social media referrals to the website 40-fold.
- Increased Bruker’s online reach to 100,000+ prospects each month.
- Grew YouTube views by nearly 550%.
- Grew Facebook Likes by 80+%.
- Grew blog visitors from 0 to more than 1000 per month.
- Increased LinkedIn Company Followers by over 100%.
- Increased Twitter Followers 300+%.
Please note as of the end of June 2014 Bruker took responsibility for all social media and blog posts.