Capitalizing On Marketing Events
In our previous post we discussed the importance of an integrated marketing strategy. Over the next few months we will be delving further into each section of the Brandwidth Solutions MarCom Wheel. And since Conference/Trade show season is upon us what better place to start than the Conference section of our wheel?
First, we must answer this question: what are the goals of a trade show? Yes, it is to inform your customer of what your company is doing, but we all know the main goal is lead generation. Just look at the volume of potential clients. You will see more people at one trade show than on a single sales call, or even in a full day of sales calls. Don’t just take our word on that: Industry Market Tends’ article How Trade Shows Can Boost Your Business shows us that: “… 88 percent of the attendees at a trade show usually haven’t been seen by a member of your company’s sales staff in the past year, and 70 percent plan to buy one or more products. On average, 76 percent of attendees ask for quotes and 26 percent end up signing purchase orders. Seventy-two percent of visitors say the show itself influences their buying decisions.”
So how do we capitalize on that?
This is where the Brandwidth Solutions conference marketing section can help you. The conference section is comprised of the following tools:
- Pre-Show Direct Mail— Typically these are eye-catching postcards physically delivered in the mail
- Pre-Show E-Blast—Similar in design to your direct mail pieces, but sent out as emails to your list containing links to your website/microsite to set up appointments
- Educational Seminars—Courses or talks held during the conferences, to help educate your client on your product/service.
- Trade show Graphics—Consistent images with your Trade show promotions and booth. These need to create excitement!!! And tell the attendee who you are and what you do.
- Booth Development—The look and feel of your booth is important. The correct setup here is key to help with traffic flow!
- Interactive Applications—With this new inventive way to display products, your clients can interact with your company’s products through touch screen technology. Oh and did I mention it’s in 3D!!!
Not using all the tools available to promote your presence is like gambling on how many people will walk into your booth. Marketing your presence will help drive the right people to you. In the end these contacts will turn into leads/sales and help your Return On Investment(ROI). And let’s face it, trade shows are expensive so why wouldn’t you do everything you can to ensure a positive ROI?
Check out some more Trade Show Best Practices.
What have you done to get ready for this Trade show Season?