Social media campaign changes market perceptions for India-based CMOIn January 2012, BWS began providing social media content and management services to Neuland Labs – an India-based global supplier of active pharmaceutical ingredients and contract manufacturing services.
As a foreign manufacturer with a perfect FDA track record, Neuland faced the challenge of overcoming industry perception that India-based pharma suppliers tend to have weak quality standards or regulatory track records.
The ObjectiveThe objective of the social program was to:
- Raise Neuland’s global visibility.
- Reach out to the western markets where the Company almost exclusively operates with targeted content.
- Drive global awareness of – and interest in – the brand.
Starting from a position of minimal social presence (a LinkedIn Company page, with career postings only) BWS developed social profiles and a blog consistent with Company branding. The program integrated Neuland’s non-social marketing and PR efforts, including coordination with white paper releases and peer-reviewed article publication.
Other elements of the program included:
- Comprehensive research – periodically revised – to learn about the market segment & identify specific challenges faced by key decision-makers.
- Social media profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and G+, along with a personal LinkedIn profile and several Showcase pages.
- A content calendar, with custom-written blog & social content addressing target audience issues, challenges, common questions and more.
- Organic targeted social media posts - no paid, boosted or sponsored social posting.
- Social pushes of news, events, webinars and curated industry sector content.
- Thought leadership blog posts commenting on industry issues & trends.
Results: Brand Visibility from 0 to 60
Over the last two years:
- Increased website traffic by 25% (users), 58% (sessions) and 32% (pageviews), respectively.
- Grew social referrals to the website 36%.
- The blog has been responsible for over 4,900 website entrances. Blog visits reached a peak of 104 page views per day.
- LinkedIn follower growth has averaged 80+% each year, with LinkedIn responsible for 80% of all social traffic to the website.
- Facebook likes have grown 434%, with each social post averaging 3.2% engagement.
- Social media followers from the targeted regions of the U.S., E.U., and Japan have accounted for 70+% of total new followers - up from 5% prior to the social program launch.