U.S.-targeted online & social efforts yield quick gains in brand recognition & leads
One of our clients is a prominent German injection molding machinery manufacturer, founded in 1968. BOY Machines GmbH has an established niche position in the fast-growing small- and micro-injection molding segment of the plastics industry.
While BOY had a well-respected presence both globally and in Europe, industry surveys indicated that the Company had very little brand recognition in the United States.
BOY Machines had three key objectives to begin targeting the U.S. market:
- increase visibility and brand recognition among U.S. audiences
- build thought leadership
- begin building a pipeline of qualified leads
Brandwidth Solutions (BWS) developed a strategy based on Company-, market- and competitor-assessments to promote the Company across social media channels. The social strategy was integrated with BOY’s overall marketing calendar. BWS developed & implemented a social program designed to meet BOY’s goals by:
- Educating key stakeholders on new products, services, techniques, materials and more.
- Increasing the Company’s reach in four key market segments: medical devices, aerospace, electronics and automotive.
- Growing traffic to BOY’s online assets (websites, landing pages)
- Developing prospective client “touches” and engagement opportunities.
Utilizing a newly-launched blog, new social profiles on LinkedIn & Twitter, in concert with paid print & online advertising, BOY began generating engagement – and leads – almost immediately. Within three months, the newly-launched blog was consistently attracting 200+ visitors a month. As visibility has increased, the Company has been contacted with numerous product, service and technical queries, as well as potential sales leads. BOY’s social media implementation yielded significant growth in the Company’s reach and website referrals, and heightened product awareness.
Over the first six months of the program, Brandwidth Solutions’ program for BOY:
- Grew leads by over 50% in first six months
- More than doubled the number of systems sold in the U.S. in 2014
- Led the U.S. division to dominate promotional system sales for the first time in nearly 50 years
- Increased BOY’s online reach to over 100,000 prospects monthly via LinkedIn Groups
- Grew social “touches” from 0 to 1,000+/week.
- Grew blog visitors from 0 to more than 200 per month.
- Grew U.S. website to over 3,500 visitors a month